Pat Bianchi, Chris Knight, Reckless Kelly, Jesse Dean and more
Grammy-nominated Hammond B-3 organ master Pat Bianchi will perform with his trio at 7 p.m. Sept. 24 at Roots HQ, 1 E. Mountain St. in Fayetteville. Colin Stranahan on drums and Paul Bollenback on guitar will play with Bianchi.
Bianchi will pay tribute to Joey DeFrancesco, who passed away this year, and Dr. Lonnie Smith at the concert which is part of the Northwest Arkansas Jazz Society and KUAF Summer Jazz Concert Series.
Tickets are $30 for general admission, $40 for premium seating, and $200 for a VIP table for four. Get tickets at digjazz.com/pat-bianchi-jazz-trio.
Chris Knight at the Majestic
Chris Knight will share highlights from his 23-year career at 8 p.m. Sept. 22 at The Majestic, 817 Garrison Ave. at Fort Smith.
Knight has just released his ninth studio album, “Almost Daylight,” produced by Ray Kennedy, who won a Grammy for producing Steve Earle’s “The Revolution Starts Now” album. Georgia Satellites founder Dan Baird provides guitar on the album with backing vocals from Chris Clark, Siobhan Kennedy and Lee Ann Womack.
Tickets are $20-$25 at majesticfortsmith.com. This is an 18+ show.
• Jukebox Confession plays at 7 p.m. on September 24; Lagers & Lederhosen begins at 3 p.m. Oct. 1 at Bike Rack Brewing Co., 801 SE Eighth St. facebook.com/bikerackbrewing/events.
• Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt play at 8 p.m. Oct. 8 (Momentary Green, $20-$84); free concerts are held Friday nights and Sunday afternoons in the Arvest Bank courtyard at The Momentary, 507 SE E St., themomentary.org.
• Neon Moon plays at 7 p.m. September 23 at Wanderoo Lodge & Bar, 216 W. Van Buren. 363-6755; facebook.com/wanderoomodge.
• Jenna and the Soul Shakers play at 9.30pm on September 23 at Chelsea’s, 10 Mountain St. facebook.com/chelseasureka.
• Hillberry The Harvest Moon Festival with Railroad Earth, Oteil & Friends, Cory Wong, Sam Bush, Yonder Mountain String Band, Victor Wooten, Bass Extremes, Keller & The Keels, Big Something, Circles Around the Sun, The Lil Smokies, Kitchen Dwellers , Horseshoes & Hand Grenades, The High Hawks, Arkansauce, Opal Agafia, Pert Near Sandstone, Friends of the Phamily, One Way Traffic, Clusterpluck, The Gravel Yard, Skye Pollard & Family Holler, Country Jesus, Eureka Strings, Rachel Ammons, Sprungbilly, Pretend Friends, The Dirty Strings, The Charlie Mellinger Band, The [email protected] Neighbours, The Traveling Squirrels, The Danny Spain Gang, Blurred Name and Richie ‘Shakin’ Nagan (artist at large) will be from September 29 to October 29. 2 at the farm near Eureka Springs. Tickets start at $70 for a one-day pass to $230 for a five-day pass. Camping, ticket information and more at hillberryfestival.com.
• People Helping People is hosting a “Tips for Transformation” series from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays in September featuring Yoga with Susan Gaines on September 22, then Qi Gong and Tai Chi with Jason Salgado on September 29 at Gotahold Brasserie, 409 W. Van Buren . peoplehelping.org.
• Buddy Shute & the Motivators play at 6 pm September 23 at New Delhi Cafe, 2 N. Main St. buddyshute.com.
• Buddy Shute & the Motivators Birthday Party and EP Release begins at 6 p.m. Sept. 18 ($8); Happy hour with Leah & the Mojo Doctors starts at 6 p.m. ($8) then Funky Friday with 1 Oz Jig, Green Acres and Monk is King starts at 9 p.m. on September 23 ($10-$30) at George’s Majestic Lounge , 519 W. Dickson Saint Fayetteville. georgesmajesticlounge.com/shows.
• Kayln Fay performs at 6:30 pm September 30 ($12 adult with a free child ticket) for the Music on the Mountain series; Supper Club and Salsa Night begin at 7 p.m. Sept. 16 ($30-$50) at Millar Lodge; So She Said is happening at 6:30 p.m. September 22 ($15) at Mount Sequoyah, 150 Skyline Drive. mountsequoyah.org
• Pat Bianchi Trio performs at 7 p.m. September 24 ($30 and up) digjazz.com; Patrick Sweany plays at 7 p.m. Sept. 29 ($20 and up); Mary Gauthier plays at 7 p.m. on October 14 ($30 and up); Dar Williams plays 7 p.m. Nov. 6 ($30+) at Roots HQ, 1 E. Mountain St. fayettevilleroots.org.
• Old Crow Medicine Show at 7:30 p.m. on October 8; Wallows performs at 7:30 p.m. on October 12 ($29.50); Goose plays at 7:30 p.m. on October 13; Yung Gravy performs at 7:30 p.m. on October 14 (sold out); Cooper Alan plays at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 21 ($20 and up); Peco’s & the Rooftops performs at 7 p.m. Oct. 22 ($25 and up); Gov’t Mule performs at 7 p.m. Oct. 23 ($35 and up); Highly Suspect plays at 7:30 p.m. on October 24 ($27.50 and up); Gogol Bordello performs at 7 p.m. Oct. 25 ($30+) at JJ’s Live, 3615 N. Steele Blvd. jjslive.com.
• The Robert Cray Band performs at 7 p.m. on September 27 ($29 and up); The Texas Gentlemen perform at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 6 ($36) at the Walton Arts Center, 495 W. Dickson St. waltonartscenter.org.
• Latin Dance Night starts at 6 pm on September 18; Ben Harris plays at 5 p.m. Sept. 21; James “Daddy” Miller plays at 6 p.m. Sept. 22; Project 1268 plays at 8 p.m. Sept. 23; An American Songwriter’s Journey with Sean Harrison begins at 8 p.m. September 30; Peter Rexford performs at 8 p.m. Oct. 1 at Six-Twelve Coffeehouse & Bar, 3980 W. Wedington Drive. facebook.com/sixtwelvecoffeehouseandbar.
• Florence Dore (with members of Son Volt and The dBs) will perform at 7:30 pm on September 20 ($10); Daniel Romano’s outfit with Carson McHone begins at 8 p.m. Sept. 25 ($15; facebook.com/onthemapfest) at Smoke and Barrel Tavern, 324 W. Dickson St. facebook.com/TheSmokeAndBarrel.
• Randall Shreve plays at 8 p.m. September 29; Jenna and the Soul Shakers play at 4 p.m. Oct. 2; and Doctor Junior plays at 8 p.m. Oct. 14 at Kingfish, 262 N. School Ave. https://www.facebook.com/kingfishbar
• Reckless Kelly plays at 8 p.m. September 23 ($20 and up); Henry Rollins takes the stage at 8 p.m. Sept. 24 ($29 and up); Dirty Honey, Dorothy, and Mac Saturn play at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 2 ($27.50 and up) at TempleLive, 200 N. 11th St. 222-6186; fortsmith.templelive.com.
• Chris Knight plays at 8 p.m. September 22 ($20 and up); Them Dirty Roses and Goodbye June begin at 8 p.m. Sept. 29 ($20 and up); Jacob Stelly plays at 8 p.m. Oct. 8 ($10 and up); Kameron Marlowe plays 7 p.m. Oct. 13 ($15+) at Majestic Fort Smith, 817 Garrison Ave. majesticfortsmith.com.
• Constant Battle performs at 8 p.m. on September 23; Sick Ride and The Big Sad play at 8 p.m. Sept. 24; Rocky Horror Pickin Show starts at 8 p.m. Sept. 30; Hell on the Border with Second Life, Ghost Hollow, Stress Dream, Obliviate, Held Tight, and Losing Game begins at 8 p.m. Oct. 1 at Hero’s, 1002 Garrison Ave. facebook.com/DiveInHeros
• Trey Taylor performs at 5:30 p.m. September 24 (students $10, general admission $25 and up) for an Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship fundraiser at The Where House, 8 N. 12th St. www.aspsf.org/trey-taylor.
• Trae Crowder performs at 6:30 and 9 p.m. on September 23 and 24; Dennis Regan takes the stage at 6 p.m. Sept. 30 and Oct. 1; Steward Huff performs at 6 p.m. on October 14 and at 6 and 8:45 p.m. on October 15; Paul Varghese performs at 6 p.m. on October 21 and 22; Chris Cope takes the stage at 6 p.m. on October 28 and 29; Kevin Nealon and Bruce Barth perform in December at The Grove Comedy Club, 808 S. Bloomington St. grovecomedy.com.
• Goo Goo Dolls with Blue October at 7:30 p.m. September 18 ($35 and up); Alice in Chains and Breaking Benjamin with Bush and Plush are at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 20 ($35 and up); Koe Wetzel, Aaron Lewis and Kolby Cooper perform Sept. 30 ($40 and up); The Chicks and Patty Griffin play at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 4 ($39 and up); Five Finger Death Punch, Megadeth, The HU and Fire from the Gods start at 6:30 p.m. on October 12 ($35 and up); The Black Keys, Band of Horses and The Velveteers perform at 7 p.m. on October 13 ($59.50 and up) at Walmart AMP, 5079 W. Northgate Road. waltonartscenter.org/AMP.
• Dawson Hollow plays at 8 p.m. September 23; Trout Fishing in America performs at 8 p.m. Sept. 24; La Sonora Dynamita De Carlitos Xivir plays at 8 p.m. September 30 (free general admission, tables $20) for the Railyard Live concert series at Butterfield Stage, 101 E. Cherry St. railyardlive.com/live-events.
• Patti Steel performs at 6 p.m. September 22 at City Pump, 623 W. Walnut St. pattisteelpattisteel.com.
• Vincent Tyler plays at 6 pm September 21; The Mountain Gypsies perform at 6 p.m. Sept. 28 at the Core Brewery Taproom, 2470 N. Lowell Road, coreofarkansas.com.
• Brandon Killugh and Maverick McWilliams present comedy at 7:30 pm September 22; Dylan Scott and Liz Greenwood tell jokes at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 29 at The Black Apple Hard Cider, 321 E. Emma Ave., facebook.com/NaturalStateComedy.
• The Mixtape Music series with Earl Hazard + Sewlo at 7 p.m. on October 19; and Victor Charlie & Vraii + 64velour at 7 p.m. on November 30 at 214 By CACHE, 214 S. Main St. cachecreate.org.
• Jesse Dean and Mark Bilyeau play at 7 p.m. on September 24 ($10); Squirrel Jam’s Fourth Sunday Open Music Circle begins at 5 p.m. September 25 (free) at Ozark Folkways, 22733 NUS 71.
Send information about your upcoming gigs and events to Monica Hooper, Music Editor, at [email protected]